WHAT IS QUALITY CONTROL & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Diagnostic laboratories utilize quality control methods to measure the accuracy and precision of processes and equipment used for patient specimen testing. This allows laboratories to detect, reduce, and correct deficiencies in analytical processes prior to the release of test results, which ensures patients are being provided the best possible care.
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) mandates the use of controls in clinical laboratories. (Click Here)
What is a third party control?
A third party quality control is designed by an independent manufacturer to assess the performance of a test or analyzer. Quantimetrix is a third party control manufacturer that designs with these principles in mind using the highest quality materials and robust manufacturing methods. Our meticulous attention to every detail results in the highest performing quality control products available.
Important attributes of effective quality controls:
- Closely mimics the patient specimen (composition, viscosity, turbidity, and color)
- Is processed in a similar manner as patient specimens
- Simple to use with few manual steps as possible
- Minimal lot-to-lot variability
- High levels of product integrity and analyte stability