Children’s Privacy. This Site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from or about children under the age of 18. If we nevertheless discover that we have received Personal Information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom we otherwise have reason to believe is, under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s Personal Information be deleted from our systems by contacting us at email@example.com.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY QUANTIMETRIX OR ON QUANTIMETRIX’S BEHALF
A. Information You Volunteer
We collect Personal Information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and billing and/or credit card information when you: (1) register an account; (2) order or purchase our products or services; (3) sign up to receive e-mails, newsletters, announcements, and the like; (4) participate in surveys or questionnaires; and (5) contact us for technical support or customer service.
B. Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect non-personal information such as your IP address, browser type, and your interactions with the Site and e-mails or newsletters we may send you. This information is collected through the use of Internet tracking technologies and cookies. See below for more detail on cookies.
C. Information from Other Sources
II. USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Personal Information we collect is used to process and complete your orders, maintain your account, and protect against unauthorized or illegal activity. We also use this information to send you administrative communications, and if you agreed, to send you promotional/informational communications.
III. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
- For performance of a contract – To perform our contractual obligations to you, including but not limited to fulfilling orders or purchases you have made (including processing of payment), contacting you in relation to any issues with your order, where we need to provide your personal information to our service providers, where we need to collect personal information from third party sources and when you access third party products and services, or where we collect data from third parties.
- To meet legal obligations – To comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation.
- For legitimate interests – To operate our business and pursue our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of Personal Information.
- Consent – We may ask for your consent to process your Personal Information. You may indicate your consent in a number of ways, including, as permitted by law, checking a box (or equivalent action) or providing an electronic signature.
IV. SHARING OF INFORMATION
A. Quantimetrix Operations and Maintenance Contractors
Quantimetrix operations and maintenance contractors may sometimes have limited access to your Personal Information in the course of providing products or services to us or you. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of our Site. These contractors may have access to your e-mail address to send newsletters or special promotions on our behalf or to conduct market research on our behalf. Access to your Personal Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary in order for the contractor to perform its limited function for Quantimetrix.
B. Disclosure of Aggregate Information
We may provide to third parties non-personal information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that is combined with the non-personal information of other users ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Site, the activities they conduct while on our Site, or the geographic or demographic composition of our user base. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this Aggregate Information and may or may not limit the third parties' use of the Aggregate Information.
V. PUBLIC FORUMS AND THIRD PARTIES
A. Public Forums
We may offer blogs, social media profiles, message boards, chat rooms, or similar public forums where you and other users can post content or otherwise communicate. Any information you choose to post on a public forum is public information and may be seen, collected, or disclosed by third parties that we do not own or control. Because we do not control these third parties we are not responsible for events arising from the distribution of any information you choose to publicly post or share. You should carefully consider the disclosure of any Personal Information in any public forum.
B. Third Parties
Our Site and/or e-mail communications may include links to third-party websites. These links may be found in advertisements, referenced within content, or placed beside the names or logos of sponsors or affiliated business partners of Quantimetrix. Because we do not control these third parties we are not responsible for events arising from the distribution of any information you choose to provide them. We do not disclose Personal Information to these third parties without obtaining your consent.
C. Customer Testimonials and Feedback
We often receive testimonials and comments from customers and users of our Site. We do not publish or post such information on a public forum without the consent of the customer or user.
VI. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We want your Personal Information to remain as secure as possible. We take reasonable efforts to implement appropriate measures and processes, such as encryption and account passwords, to protect your Personal Information. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of information sent over the Internet.
We only retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active, you subscribe to communications from us, or we have a legal obligation to continue to do so.
VII. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer by a website that collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. A cookie file contains information that can identify you anonymously and maintain your account’s privacy. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can configure your browser to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you when a new cookie is received, and to disable existing cookies. If you turn off cookies in your browser, however, it may hinder our ability to provide you with certain services or your ability to enjoy certain features of the Site.
You will be given the option to opt in or sign up for recurring informational/promotional e-mails from Quantimetrix and/or third parties. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such e-mails from Quantimetrix, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions that are provided in each e-mail. Please note that if you wish to unsubscribe or opt out of communications from third parties, you must follow the instructions that are provided by such third parties.
C. Deleting and Updating Your Personal Information
You have the right to: (1) have your Personal Information deleted from our systems; (2) update your Personal Information; and (3) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts or other activities. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
Please note that that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of your Personal Information from our servers. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request, we will endeavor to delete all Personal Information stored in the databases we actively use for research and daily business activities, and other readily searchable media.
D. Rights of California Residents
Residents of California can request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request such a notice please contact us at email@example.com.
E. Rights of Residents of the European Union
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, residents of the European Union have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to access – You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information we have collected.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to have your Personal Information we collected corrected if that information is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that we delete from our systems your Personal Information we have collected.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to withdraw consent – If you have provided consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- Right of portability – You have the right to have your Personal Information we have collected transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your Personal Information such as direct marketing (to the extent applicable).
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – You have the right to not be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint to the with the supervisory authority established by the particular member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your Personal Information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. CONTACTING QUANTIMETRIX
If you have a complaint, question or problem please contact us at email@example.com and the sales department will forward your communication to the appropriate internal department for a response or resolution.