The Formulation Chemist prepares and intermediates and formulates products using approved documentation and SOPs in compliance with cGMP’s. Performs in-process testing of products prior to submission to QC. Interacts with QC/QA and other departments as required.
- Formulates catalog or OEM products to required specifications per supplies documentation
- Follows Good Laboratory Practices during formulation of products
- Utilize appropriate equipment to produce products.
- Performs necessary assays and verifies all results
- Writes, reviews, revises, and updates manufacturing document, SOP’s or any other necessary technical document
- May assist with writing and execution of validation protocols and reports
- Employee is expected to contribute to a positive work environment
- Follow all safety protocols and contributes to a safe and clear work environment
- Utilizes our ERP system to verify quantities of raw materials and report work order completion
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a related area plus one year experience; Associates degree plus two to four years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Employee works in an area that is known to have both hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals,
- Wearing protective clothing, goggles, hairnet, and masks (PPE) are required
- Knowledge of ERP system a plus
- Knowledge of basic