The Accounting Associate will assist the Accounting Department with invoicing and billing, answering phone inquiries and following up, as well as interacting with personnel from all areas of the company and vendors.
- Review and verify invoices, check request, and flag any questionable invoices.
- Enter invoices to the system fallowing the 3 ways matching (PO, receiver, and invoice)
- Prepare and perform check run
- View and analyses posted AP invoices
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Maintain a vendor file
- Ensuring bills are entered and paid in a timely and accurate manner following the accounting department procedures
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Producing monthly-end reports
- Assist with accounting projects as needed
- Assist with year end process and inventory
REQUIREMENT FOR THE POSITION:
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years in similar role or College degree in accounting with 1 year experience in a similar role
- Understanding of generally accepted Accounting Principal (GAAP)
- General knowledge of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices
- Computer literate, advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of ERP system
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be able to handle multi-tasks and to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications (both written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.